Thursday, November 2, 2006

What do 400 meatballs and Tennis have in common?
Well, my sweet daughter "volunteered" to host her Tennis team's end of season dinner at our home. At first, I was a little apprehensive because of time and school. Still,I agreed because I love her so much!

I got home early from work and began the "sauce"! Yes, I am famous for this particular pasta sauce. I never have to measure anything and it always turns out perfect. While the sauce simmers, I start on the meatball rolling.
Today, I ended up rolling almost 400 meatballs. I did make one the size of a tennis ball for Cristina. (I'll post that picture later!)

Soon, the house smelled of garlic, onions, and shredded carrots with rosemary...it's a smell that will make anyone's belly growl in hunger. Cristina and a few of her friends arrived early and immediately commented on the smell! The rest of the team arrived later as did the coach. I like it when there's a ton of people in the house and food is cooking. Cristina did the honors in draining the 4 pounds of spaghetti rigati.

What an awesome night it was...the girls are so sweet! We finished with an incredible ice cream cake! (I didn't run today so I skipped on dessert.)

Soon, most of the girls left and it was just my hubby, Cristina, her friend Jenny and the coach sitting in the family room chatting about college...and how quickly time was going. I tried not to think of it too much because it makes me sad. Soon, my baby girl will be leaving for college.

Ahhh...I am choosing to stay in the present and focus just on today and to relish each and every moment with her.

No comments: