Saturday, November 18, 2006

13. 1 Miles!

I woke up at 5am and looked outside into the dark street. A thick fog covered everything and I couldn't even see the car parked across the street. As I got ready, I wondered about how the drive would be.

Today was a big day for my running group. We would go 13.1 miles for our training run. This is a huge accomplishment for many first-timers and for me it's exciting to be there and help them make it. the weather was cool and the fog had lifted a bit by the beach. At one point we ran on the Jetty and headed toward the ocean that was completely encased in the fog. We couldn't see across the bay. Perfect running weather though.

It took us 2 hrs. 59 minutes! (Right on pace for our 6 hour finish marathon time!) There was a lot of high-5s and smiles! We did it!

No comments: