Friday, November 17, 2006

The big white envelope!

All week, Cristina has been coming home and checking the mailbox. I normally get the mail but this week I let her do it. You see, she's been waiting for her acceptance letter. Today, it came.
Promptly at 3pm I heard the garage door open and the sound of flip flops flapping on the ground as she ran to the mailbox. She looked in and game a sad look....no envelope? Could it be??

She came toward me and I was puzzled...I'd seen the corner of a big white envelope sticking out of the slot. Sure enough, she left it in the mailbox just to fool me!
We went inside and I watched her as she opened it........

"Congratulations"....I saw the word at the top of the letter! She was accepted! I've known in my heart for a very long time that this day would come. She's been so focused and determined and today she achieved her dream...We hugged and I cried of course--as I was smiling....

So the countdown begins to graduation.....210 days.......

Today's news puts a whole new meaning to my post from yesterday. I don't think it's hit me yet.

No comments: