Sunday, February 10, 2008

Monday,Monday....da-da-dada-da.....


Some of you may remember that song from way back when (I'm dating myself).
Every time I hear it, I find myself back in a tree house that my dad built in our back yard when I was about 13. My best friend Diana and I spent the night in it and had a portable radio which only had AM stations....and this song was playing that Sunday night....on a radio station called KHJ.

The memory is so vivid because it was so special....the carefree days as a 13 year old. I didn't dread Mondays as much as I do nowadays. It's more a dread that I didn't get everything done like I wanted to during the weekend.

As I sit and make my list of things I still need to do....this song pops in my head.
I stop and look out my window to ponder the sun outside. Better get a move on I say to myself.

I think it's because I am going to school full time AND working full time that I feel so time deprived. Getting up earlier isn't even an option because I need every minute I can of sleep...

So, time to log off....until next time.

No comments: